I have something very special to share with you today… I’ve been secretly working on a project for the past few months: a new magazine! Let’s take a quick look at the cover design.
Plant Forage Make is a new magazine for plant lovers and crafters. This special journal is like a hug, designed to lift your mood, encourage you to slow down and pay attention to the natural world around you.
Topic for Volume 1 Perfume. Contributors from around the world look at the positive effects of botanical scents on our mood and well-being, sharing recipes with fragrant flowers and herbs, natural dyeing tutorials, as well as foraging, cooking and gardening ideas.
The journal is designed to be a special little book that you will cherish forever.
It is published by me (Rebecca Desnos) a natural dyer and independent publisher in the UK. My vision is to combine different plant crafts and explore our connection with plants. Let’s celebrate plant creativity in all its forms together!
Highlights from Volume One:
- Forest Bathing, by Desiree Bell
- Therapeutic gardening, by Victoria Stevens
- Recipes for herbal face steam and scented balm Mindful Apothecary
- Bay leaf painting, by Rebecca Desnos
- Paint a cushion cover with rose petals by Liz Spencer Dogwood Dyer
- Recipes for flower face masks, by Plant Academy
- How to make a herbal wreath Essence + Alchemy
- Recipe for rollerball essential oil perfume Essence + Alchemy
- Lemon Balm Donuts with Rose Icing by Tara Lanich-LaBrie, Medical Association
- Rose Petal Chocolate Coins by Tara Lanich-LaBrie, Medical Association
- Memory + olfactory intelligence Katie Whittington
- Make Your Own Herbal Sprinkle Mix by Cat Seixas, Olive trees and the Moon
- How Herbalists Use Smell to Determine the Medicinal Value of Plants, Kim Walker, Craft Pharmacy
- Article + tea blend by Lisa Couse, Plena Plena
- Travel writing + herbal recipes, by Alice Griffin
- Interviews with the artist Claudia Lowryand herbalist Kim Walker.
- Pollinators and Fragrant Plants, Becky Searle, Plant more.
When will it be released?
The magazine can now be ordered here.